Friday, September 11, 2009

first week adventures

Hello :) Welcome to my IP blog. This blog should follow the crazy process of a year-long art making adventure.

This is a picture of me diving in Belize where I spent 5 months beginning last January.



Did:
This week I created this blog, which I will be posting to every week... I spent some time in the Art & Architecture library. I found a magazine article on James Balog who helped start the Extreme Ice Survey, which is an amazing photo-documentation project based on shrinking ice caps & glaciers around the world (I linked his website in the list on the right side of the blog). I also began to work on my studio space :) I painted the walls and have begun to put up images (some are mine, some aren't), fabrics, & other scraps of things. I have also started to gather contact information for pool directors and members of u of m's synchro team, so that I will hopefully be able to access a few pools this year for projects :)

Discovered: I decided that I would create a list of links on the blog that will lead to people that are inspiring to me, or may influence my own work during this process. I had been making a list of interesting subjects/people on paper, but I think it will be really nice to have them all in a specific place online where I will quickly be able to link to images of their work. I also feel that my conversation with Claire about my project for Tuesday was really valuable and I have been thinking a lot about my next steps.

Do: Next week I want to contact the director of Canham Natatorium. I photographed the synchronized swimming team before in the dive well there and I think it would be a great place for my installation ideas. I think I will also need to expand on the plastic sculptural piece that I am planning for Tuesday. It may be a jumping point for me to create an installation for the dive well. I want to really begin setting the steps in motion that will make it possible for me to complete an underwater installation some time in the near future. I really think I need to get in the water soon so that I will be able to judge what is working and what isn't.

My studio space!!!(
I want a bright space so in the middle of the winter my studio will be a nice place for me to be):



Close up of the yellow wall (I would like to continue to add images to this wall that interest me and create new ideas):

No comments:

Post a Comment