Friday, November 27, 2009

this is ridiculously cool and I want one.

http://greenbridge.wordpress.com/2009/06/08/tires-cans-and-bottles-oh-my/

The link above takes you to a blog post about "earthship" houses made out of recycled materials... tires, bottles, cans, etc. The houses are amazing :)

I think this image is also relevant to my project:

It reminds me of the aesthetic I have been using and the color of the light is beautiful.

Did: This week I don't think I have completed 6 full hours of work due to Thanksgiving... YUM. I participated in critique with the group from John & Elona's section and I also probably spent about 3 hours cutting and stringing plastic pieces.

Discovered: I have been planning on photographing the plastic bottles (from Sadashi) and the strands of plastic pieces in the pool on December 9th... I think I am going to need an insane amount of strands completed if I want it to look like any kind of environment at all...

Do: I need to start actively collecting materials... more plastic bottles, in more colors than just white or clear. I think I need to start raiding the container recycling bins in the school. I also think I am going to try and purchase the clear "bag-like" housing to test out using my Nikon underwater.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Courtney - it's fun seeing where some of these blog posts end up! In our project, the hardest part was getting cool used glass bottles. It made for some creative drinking, and sometimes finding ourselves going to extreme (non-green) lengths to get good colors. Best wishes for your great work!
    Juli @ GreenBridge Architects

    ReplyDelete