Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3.26

Did: Gathering milk jugs, cutting, stringing (7+ hrs)
Hanging material in extra studio (2 hrs)
Working on new website (3 hrs)
Group Crit (20 min)
Meeting w/ Mark Nielsen (1 hr)

Discovered: I am very excited about the installation possibilities for my work after
Italicputting it up in a second studio space... but I am also very nervous about my final show being a complete success due to space. After talking to Mark, I realized I really might not have enough room to make both a projection and sculptural installation possible... I am going to bring a projector down to the gallery next week to play around with a few things, but I think I won't know exactly what I will be showing until I start setting things up in the gallery....

I was also really grateful for the critique on Thursday with our visiting artists. I think they really had a new perspective to share and they also provided me with a list of other artists to look at so I am excited to check that out.

Other than that I am work work working... cutting plastic, stringing it together and trying to figure things out...

Do: My last pool photo shoot is tonight, so I am going to photograph some of the milk jug handles and un-cut milk jugs. Then I need to get serious about the loop of images that I will hopefully be able to project and I also need to collect plastic exponentially from now until my final installation. At this point I feel like the more material I have to work with, the better my installation will be.

2 comments:

  1. Courtney,

    I was really excited to see your work hanging in that extra studio space. The installation and the projection are looking beautiful. Sounds like you need to have friends or family over for a "help Chelsea cut some plastic" art party! Good luck! You're doing great.
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney--

    Garth forwarded this information that might interest you:

    "I had mentioned to her that I was recently in a show in San Francisco, produced by SCRAP, an organization that exhibits and promotes artists working with recycled materials.
    http://www.scrap-sf.org/

    There's also a residency outside of San Francisco funded by the city, very groovy if she's headed that direction:
    http://www.sfrecycling.com/AIR/ "


    -stephanie

    ReplyDelete