Tuesday, February 9, 2010

an almost meltdown turns into something beautiful

Everything went well during the pool photo shoot on Friday and I actually think it was the most successful shoot that I have done. I've learned a little more each time... but then I realized that my camera had been set to shoot in an image size/quality that is virtually unreadable. I almost had a complete meltdown moment, until I searched online to see if anyone else had dealt with the same problem. It seems that the highest, non-compressed, image setting that my camera has is recording information in a "Tiff YUV" color space. This is the color space that tv's use, but it makes no sense for a camera. So I learned that I needed to download a "universal file reading software" called Irfanview. Then I found out that Irfanview is only supported by pc's. So I had to spend a good amount of time in the IT office today, using their pc's to convert my images into a photoshop-readable file. whew. pain. in. the. ass.

Bottom line: I can't wait to get new equipment :)

Despite the technical chaos, I am pretty happy with the results from the photo shoot. Here is the first photo that I have spent time editing:

1 comment: