Thursday, January 28, 2010

photos from the studio

I thought I would post some shots showing the new progress in the studio :)

I installed the spherical forms that I have been making onto the wall of my studio (the pieces are made out of milk jugs, after the milk jugs were cut up and glued back together)...

Some people have commented that they look like pregnancy bellies...


Detail... you can see that the milk jugs are cut into small cellular-looking pieces:


Here are strands of larger milk jug pieces hanging in the adjoining studio:


The 4 x 6 images I printed out for the meeting with Chris Pullman... The images Hannah responded to are in the top two rows... now I have to decide which ones I think are compelling...
I also added a set of these images to my website under the working title "Everything Goes Somewhere" (too vague?)... Check them out: www.courtneymichalik.com

1 comment:

  1. Courtney,
    Looks like you have moved into the new space which is great.
    That always brings up new opportunities...and challenges.
    Have you tried projections in the space yet?
    Also wondering if the Third Coast visit gave you any thoughts, and if you're still thinking about using sound in your installation.
    Hope to come by and take a peek this week.
    -stephanie

    ReplyDelete